Pages

17 Mar 2014

Sunny Sundays in the Englischer Garten





Sundays in Munich can be very quiet; all shops, bars and restaurants are closed! So, I guess most people head to a park or if the weather is nice, a Biergarten. I've always heard great things about Munich's Englischer Garten, which apparently is based on London's Hyde Park. Luckily, this garden was very close to my apartment so I thought it would be silly not to go!

 When I finally got there, I found vast green areas, woodland, streams and lots of people :) As I walked further a field I was drawn by the sounds of a Bavarian band which we're playing from the top of the Chinese tower (below). It was nice to see so many people enjoying the sunshine and some giant beers (of course!)

                           






















     

No comments:

Post a Comment